Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI has more around 80,000 employees and its products are sold in approximately 180 countries.
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is seeking curious, fast learners and ambitious young professionals to develop a challenging and rewarding career in a multinational environment. The Financial Accounting department is in charge of statutory accounting and reporting, as well as has a role of an integrator after financial transformation imparted to SSC in Krakow. A full scope of responsibility is shared between Investor relations part, i.e. successful navigation through the complex process of preparation of the Annual report, BoD and Supervisory board meetings; completion of Annual Report and participation on arrangement of Annual General Meeting of shareholders and interacting with members of Board of Directors and Supervisory Board; and supervisory contribution on accounting activities and financial statements.
CAN YOU SAY THE FOLLOWING ABOUT YOURSELF?
• I have University degree in Economics/Finance
• I have a record of more than 5 years of professional experience preferably in investors relations agenda or in financial accounting and/or audit
• I work very well with SAP, MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• I have fluent Czech/Slovak language and I am comfortable to communicate in English on daily basis with the top management – speaking, presenting, writing
• I am a problem solver, analytical and conceptual thinking are natural for me
• I am proactive, independent and customer oriented person with a clear drive for results
• I can organize things in timely manner, have sense of detail, and handle proactively non-standard situations
• I have a growth mindset and I am keen on my personal development
Balanced split between Investor Relations and Accounting & Finance activities
• Coordinate preparation of Annual and Mid-Year Report within several departments and external service providers
• Participate on preparation of annual and mid-year standalone and consolidated financial statements in line with IFRS, including notes to the financial statements and related analysis
• Play active role in organization of Annual General Meeting (AGM), prepare management’s presentations for the AGM, Board of Directors and Supervisory Board meetings
• Prepare documents for meetings with external investment community
• Carry out regular and ad-hoc accounting duties (e.g. provisions entries, intercompany transfer pricing adjustments, etc.)
• Address open gaps in running processes aligned to accounting, closely cooperate with SSCs
• Maintain, apply and or develop accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and reporting.
• Liaise with commercial banking partners
• Be a focal point of contact for company’s external financial auditor
• Prepare statutory reports for Czech Nation Bank and Czech Statistical Office
• Stand as an integrator and business partner to support cross functional activities within the affiliate
• Supervise a small team of accounting analysts
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our company offers a dynamic and international work environment, many learning opportunities and the possibility to express your potential through experimentation.
You will benefit from working in a highly skilled young team, operating in a dynamic and challenging commercial environment.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package such as:
• Flexible working hours / home office possibility
• 25 vacation days and 4 sick days
• Excellent location - Karlovo namesti (line B, 10 min from line C - I.P.Pavlova), with terrace on 8th floor with great view and ,,Naplavka" behind the corner
• Meal tickets and plenty of restaurants close to the office
• 5 000 points in BenefitCafe, Multisport card
• Summer/winter vacation contribution
• Life & accident insurance, Pension plan with contribution (3rd pillar)
Information about the vacancy
Karlovo náměstí 2097/10, 120 00 Praha-Nové Město, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Corporate events, flexible start/end of working hours, individual schedules of working hours, occasional work from home, holidays 5 weeks, corporate recreational facilities, above-standard medical care, sick days, 13th monthly salary, cafeteria, contribution holiday, contributions to the pension / life insurance, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, cell phone, notebook, refreshments on workplace, meal tickets / catering allowance, company catering
Czech (proficient), English (advanced)
Philip Morris International
ContactPhilip Morris International